Monday, September 26, 2016

BOOST YOUR IQ BY DAILY JOURNALING

Good morning to all of my twelfth-grade students and readers out there (Hi, Mom!).
IMAGE SOURCE

Today, we are beginning a project where over the course of a semester we will maintain a daily journal on our blogs. When I say 'we', I mean both me and my students. While I have never attempted an online journal before, the benefits, like stretching your IQ and boosting comprehension, are imminent and undeniable. Check out the full list by the Huffington Post here.

As a newcomer to the virtual diary, I searched the internet for help. Day One, a website that hosts a smartphone journal ap, provided me with the criteria for our content. After all, any good blog is ruled by structure and powerful posts. Thanks Day One for the assistance.

For our online journals, each day of the week will provide a different topic for us to examine. This way, we will never get lost in the black-hole of writer's block. The entries must be a minimum of one paragraph (5 sentences) per day and will be used to chronicle our thoughts and growth over the next few months.

You can find my entries under the 'Journal' tab on my homepage
or by clicking HERE.


Here is what each day entails:

Monday
Write about a little moments of joy.
"Sometimes there are just some moments in your life—a hug, a kiss, a goodbye—that while at a glance may seem irrelevant, have a long-lasting importance for you. Writing a bit about the moment, or even taking a picture of it, eternalizes it for you."


Tuesday
Write about the goals you wish to achieve.
"This is about setting long-term personal goals like learning a language or improving a certain aspect of my behavior. This makes my journal an incredibly useful tool that empowers me to review my goals and objectives from a more critical standpoint, given I can see how my objectives change throughout my life."


Wednesday
Write about things that inspire you.
"Sometimes you read a quote or article, and hear about an idea of philosophy that you relate to; your journal is an ideal place for you to reflect upon these. Because, truth be told, most of the times the important component is not the quote or article itself, but what impact that particular things had in your life."



Thursday

Write about your impressions on movies, books, or music.
"You’ll be impressed how much more you take away from albums, movies, and books once you sit down to write about it. It blew my mind the first time I sat down to really think about a movie."



Friday
Write about your innermost thoughts and feelings.
"Jot down feelings of joy and anger, hope and despair, excitement and depression, love and sadness. If I feel that what currently is on my mind is of some sort of importance to me as a person, I write it down. This enables me to look back and understand how I evolved and developed as a person."


I am tickled to start this project and observe how we both grow over the course of the semester. Being more cognizant about our thoughts will lead us to self-discovery and self-awareness, ultimately making us more successful. Think I'm kidding? Take the journey with us and see how you transform! Let us know about your daily journal in the comment section below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished