Tuesday, November 1, 2016

BEARS THAT SCARE, CHILDHOOD HALLOWEEN MOVIES

I've had a long-standing tradition each October to have a Halloween movie marathon. It started when I was just a peanut watching "Charlie Brown And The Great Pumpkin". My fascination with horror grew into my formative years and "The Puppet Master" series quickly became a staple (our neighbor at the end of the block always dressed up like one of the characters- what a guy). As I became older, my taste in horror evolved. My high school years were filled Jason, Freddy, and Michael from AMC's Fright Fest and currently, you'll find the classics like "Frankenstein" and "Psycho" plastered across my television screen.

Each year that passed without a proper showing felt empty- like I missed the greatest part of fall. But looking back at all of my years of Halloween Horror, some of my fondest memories came from where it all started: my childhood. Take a walk down memory lane with me and re-watch some of the best Halloween classics from tots to teens.




Elvira Mistress of the Dark
1 Sentence Synopsis: Hot babe tries to get dead aunt's inheritance.

Quote: "Oh well, there's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence."

Notes: Witty, campy, & downright hilarious. One of my favorites.



The Midnight Hour
1 Sentence Synopsis: A scandalous teenager rager unlocks evil.

Quote: "The party could go on forever."

Notes: I felt ultra-cool after I watched this.




The Little Monsters
1 Sentence Synopsis: Monsters under the bed? Say no more.

Quote:
"Who put piss in my apple juice?"

Notes:
I watched this as a kid in a hotel room and it scared the hell out of me.  



The Monster Squad
 1 Sentence Synopsis: Essentially, the Goonies meet Frankenstein.

Quote: "Wow, Wolfman's got nards!"

Notes: Dark and nostalgic, perfect for Halloween. My boyfriend's favorite.



Halloweentown
1 Sentence Synopsis: Young witches save a land of monsters.

Quote: "Being normal is vastly overrated."

Notes: Cute and quirky. You gotta love Aunt Agie and the giant Jack-O-Lantern.


Double Double Toil & Trouble 
1 Sentence Synopsis: Darling twins steal a magic moonstone from their evil aunt.

Quote: "These people have been reading too much Stephen King."

Notes: A nice mixture of scary and sweet. Aunt Agatha gave me nightmares.


The Halloween Tree
1 Sentence Synopsis: Children learn the origin of Halloween.

Quote: "But suddenly, the day was gone. Night came out from under each tree and spread.”

Notes: Remember what it's like to be a kid and relive trick-o-treating in Ray Bradbury's animated classic


Halloween is Grinch Night
1 Sentence Synopsis: Its Grinch Night and the Grinch must be stopped!

Quote: "It's a wonderful night for eyebrows. It's a wonderful night for teeth! It's a wonderful night for Grinch Night!"

Notes: Equal parts weird (so weird) and great.

The Great Bear Scare
1 Sentence Synopsis: Ted E Bear tries to save Halloween from monsters.

Quote:
"Bears are afraid of nothing."

Notes:
Adorably scary. Perfect for your young honies. A Halloween special that was made special by watching it with my family.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished